It is likely that the Indiana General Assembly will study the basis for, and continued utility of, tax credits allowed for insurance guaranty fund assessments during the 2012 interim. Currently, both life and health and property & casualty fund assessments may be recouped with a credit of up to 20% of the assessment allowed each year following the assessment for 5 years. The issues will surely focus on the fairness of all Indiana taxpayers ultimately bearing the burden for insurance insolvencies versus insurance policyholders.
DisclaimerADVERTISING MATERIAL www.boselaw.com/disclaimer
- 3 Days Gone: New Federal Rules Take Effect Today
- Seventh Circuit: Remember, Service-of-Suit Clauses Can Keep You Out of Federal Court
- Indiana Adopts Guidance On PBR Implementation
- What You Need to Know About the New Federal Rules in 90 Seconds or Less
- Fourth Circuit: Insurer Has a Duty to Defend Because CGL Policies Might Cover Data Breach